4-H is all about empowering youth and giving them the skills to lead for a lifetime. The 4-H year runs from October 1 - September 30 each year; you can join throughout the year, but October is the ideal time.
To join 4-H in Ulster County, please complete the following steps:
1) Create an account for yourself on 4-HOnline; select "Club Not Yet Assigned" when creating the account.
2) Contact your local 4-H Program Leader. In Ulster County, that is Kait McNamee; her email is email@example.com and her phone number is (973) 229-5217; Kait will assist you with finding a club in your area.
Being a 4-H leader is one of the most rewarding volunteer experiences with youth. Here are the steps you need to complete to begin a 4-H club!
1) Have an open heart and mind.
2) Be a safe adult who kids can trust.
3) Contact your local 4-H Program Leader. In Ulster County, that is Kait McNamee; her email is firstname.lastname@example.org and her phone number is (973) 229-5217.
4) Fill out our adult volunteer forms, which can be found on Box and downloaded, and return it to Kait at 232 Plaza Rd Kingston NY 12401
*Once you have passed your background check*
5) Create an account for yourself on 4-HOnline; e-mail Kait to obtain a club charter request form to make an official 4-H Club; the fee for each club yearly is $100 and can be paid to CCE Ulster County by check or run by credit card in the office
6) Once your club is approved by the Ulster County 4-H Program, enroll each of your club members (the youth participants) in 4-HOnline under your club’s name.
7) Have any other adults who volunteer with the club fill out their own 4-H adult volunteer forms and familiarize them with our County, NYS & National policies
8) You are now an official 4-H club! Remember that 4-H staff are always available for any issues that may arise and for advice.
Last updated October 1, 2023