Image by Ulster County Master Gardener
Monarch butterfly hatching from chrysalis
Echinachea or purple coneflower
Master Gardener Volunteer Plant Sale
The Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County serves the gardening, invasive species and tree care needs of the community through its Community Horticulture Program. We are currently involved with or coordinating the following programs - click on links for more info.:
- Master Gardener Volunteer Program: Trained volunteers who are the backbone of CCE's Community Horticulture Program
- There are many helpful services offered by the Master Gardener Program including soil testing and soil probe rental, gardening advice, insect and plant identification and more.
- Invasive Species Outreach Program, including free invasive species ID
- Ulster County Emerald Ash Borer Task Force
- The Tree Steward Volunteer Program
Jumping Worms! New Invasive
Learn more about this invasive you might be seeing in your garden!
Free Invasive Species ID
We offer free invasive species identification in partnership with the Catskill Regional Invasive Species Partnership (CRISP). Bring us your samples or email photos for a positive identification and recommendations.
Last updated November 16, 2017