Annual Master Gardener Program Great Plant Swap and Sale Returns!!!!
Saturday, June 4, 2022,
9:00 AM -
The Annual Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County’s Master Gardener
“Great Plant Swap & Sale” Returns on on Saturday, June 4, 2022 at the
Forsyth Park Pavilion, 157 Lucas Avenue in Kingston.
how the swap works: Plants to swap are dropped off Saturday morning between 9am
and 10am. Swappers will receive vouchers for the value of the plants they drop
off, and then return at 11am to swap vouchers for plants! At 11:30 a.m. the swap will open to the
public for the plant sale. No early birds please.
make this event a wonderful and rewarding experience for all, please review the
following rules and information. Master
Gardeners will refuse any plants not meeting the following criteria:
- Bring only healthy, well-cared for plants. No wilted or just dug
plants will be accepted.
- Dig plants up (separate and divide if necessary) and pot them on
or before May 20 to allow time for the plants to adjust. Examine plants for
pests and water regularly; feed them if necessary.
- Plants must be in containers, with sufficient soil - no boxes or
- No plants on the NYS Invasive list will be accepted. The list is available at http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/265.html
- Plants must be labeled with plant name and flower color.
- No more than 12 plants of any one variety will be accepted. Seedlings under 3” will be grouped and valued
- If you wouldn’t buy it in the store, don’t bring it to the Plant
157 Lucas Avenue
Kingston, New York 12401
Last updated May 31, 2022