Beef and Dairy Production
Resources for Cattle Production:
- Cornell Beef Cattle Management
- This is the flagship of the Cornell Beef Management Team led by Michael J. Baker, PAS, PhD, Beef Cattle Extension Specialist. Be sure to check often as it is updated frequently.
- New York Small Farms Livestock Resources
- Cornell Small Farms Programs tools you can use. There are a number of excellent resources for livestock farmers listed on this webpage including information of processing, state regulations, and information on best practices.
- New York Beef Producers Association
NYBPA is a group of beef producers dedicated to working together for
the improvement of the beef industry. Never before in the history of the
cattle industry has it been more important for you to stand up and be
counted as a member of the New York Beef Producers' Association.
- How to Direct Market Your Beef
- How to Direct Market Your Beef portrays how one couple used its
family’s ranch to launch a profitable, grass-based beef operation
focused on direct market sales. From slaughtering to packaging, through
labeling and advertising, Jan and Will Holder transform their real-life
experiences to a compelling narrative rich with practical tips.
- Online Cattle Business Calculators and Tools
- Agricultural tools and calculators to ensure that you are getting the most from your management techniques.
- Beef Quality Assurance
- Beef Quality Assurance is a nationally coordinated, state implemented
program that provides systematic information to U.S. beef producers and
beef consumers of how common sense husbandry techniques can be coupled
with accepted scientific knowledge to raise cattle under optimum
management and environmental conditions.
- An online publication sharing the best ideas and research, from the
people who’ve been successful doing them, documented so you know they
work, and translated into steps that you can start using right away. Focused on grazing management for ruminants.
Cornell University Pro-Dairy
- A NYS dairy industry educational program, enables farm families and
other agricultural professionals to realize their values and strive to
achieve their professional and personal goals
Cornell University Dairy Management Program
- Gain further understanding of the integration and application of
dairy farm management principles and programs with respect to
progressive dairying and related industries through Cornell's site
- Dairy Reproduction Protocols
- This page on the Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council lists A.I. Protocols
for cows and heifers, in English and Spanish languages.
New York State Division of Milk Control and Dairy Services
- This NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets website has a dual
role to protect the health and welfare of the people of New York State
and to help promote the agricultural economic development of the dairy
industry through various economic controls and programs
Last updated March 23, 2017